Friday, February 21, 2014

Book Review: What a Boy Wants by Nyrae Dawn

NOTE: This review may and probably does contain spoilers.

Okay, so I read What I Boy Wants in my free time. It's not a review title, so I'll be quite short in what I write.

This is the first YA title I read by Nyrae Dawn. I'm not sure what I expected exactly, but perhaps it was more than what I got. Not that 4 stars isn't a good rating, but you know. We always strive for more.

Anyways, I liked the story line. The coincidental e-mail to the Hookup Doctor was just cute. Of course, I knew (just like everyone else who read the book probably) exactly what was going on from the very beginning, but that didn't make it less entertaining. Just too predictable.

Sebastian was the person behind the Hookup Doctor alias, who gave advice to females about dating/hooking up. He had where to learn from, seeing how his mom had numerous screwed up relationships. Anyway, he was cocky and selfish, and funny. And oblivious to the signs that he was supposed to be able to recognize about females' body language.

Aspen had no idea what she was getting herself into when writing to the Hookup Doctor. And how could she possibly know her best male friend was behind the alias? Her secret crush for many years, whom she'd finally started to find the strength to uncling from? Gosh, no. And when she found out... she was furious. She was disappointed. And she was confused.

With all of it getting out of control. With all the mistakes that Bastian managed to get himself do, this story has a beautiful happy ending. Not that I'd expected anything else, but I have seen weird things happen in the end of books.

So, if you're looking for a light, funny read, What a Boy Wants is just your thing.

My rating is

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely LOVE comments!!! So, if you stop by my blog, please leave me something nice :)

NOTE: I'm sorry for putting the CAPTCHA back up. I know it can be annoying, but I've gotten so many spam comments in the past week, it's not even funny.