Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #3


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.

My pick this week is:

#1



Title: The Truth About Alice
Series: single
Genre: contemporary
Audience: YA
Author: Jennifer Mathieu
Release date: June 3rd, 2014
Publisher:  Roaring Brook Press (Macmillan Children's Publishing Group)

Summary:

Everyone knows Alice slept with two guys at one party. When Healy High star quarterback, Brandon Fitzsimmons, dies in a car crash, it was because he was sexting with Alice. Ask anybody.  Rumor has it Alice Franklin is a slut. It's written all over the "slut stall" in the girls' bathroom: "Alice had sex in exchange for math test answers" and "Alice got an abortion last semester." After Brandon dies, the rumors start to spiral out of control. In this remarkable debut novel, four Healy High students tell all they "know" about Alice--and in doing so reveal their own secrets and motivations, painting a raw look at the realities of teen life. But exactly what is the truth about Alice? In the end there's only one person to ask: Alice herself.
 Why I want to read it:

I get this super creepy feeling just by looking at the cover. The premise sounds like it holds lots of drama and tragedy and I just want to get my hands on it!!

#2



Title: Blur
Series: Blur Trilogy
Genre: mystery and thrillers
Audience:  YA
Author: Steven James
Release date: May 27th, 2014
Publisher:  Skyscape (Disney Book Group)

Summary:

The isolated town of Beldon, Wisconsin, is shocked when a high school freshman girl’s body is found in Lake Algonquin early in the school year. Just like everyone else in the community, 16-year-old Daniel Byers, son of the town’s sheriff, believes that Emily Jackson’s drowning death was accidental. But at her funeral, he has a terrifying vision of her sitting up in the coffin and asking for his help. Overcome with a crippling headache, he collapses, while the murderer watches, hidden in the crowd of mourners.

Later that week, after another macabre hallucination while quarterbacking during the homecoming football game, Daniel begins to think he’s going insane. However, convinced that Emily’s “resurrection” was more than just a mere hallucination, Daniel and a girl from school uncover a series of clues that convince them Emily was murdered. Daniel asks for his father’s help, telling him it’s a murder, but the sheriff suspects that his son’s hunches are just the result of his growing disconnect from reality.

The obstacles mount as Daniel’s difficulties distinguishing fantasy from reality become more and more pronounced. Soon, it becomes evident that his subconscious mind is synthesizing seemingly unrelated details from news articles and facts no one else notices, and then revealing the clues to Daniel through the grisly visions he’s seeing and the whispered voices he continues to hear. When the real killer becomes aware of Daniel’s suspicions of foul play, he plants evidence that leads the authorities, including Daniel’s own father, to suspect that Daniel is the one responsible for Emily Jackson’s death.

Full of twists and turns, this mystery with a Hitchkockian flair will launch a trilogy of YA thrillers featuring Daniel Byers, an unlikely hero struggling to find the truth as he slips further and further into his own private blurred reality.

  Why I want to read it:

Oh man! Totally freaking out stuff, no? A mystery, a murder, a ghost! Lots of obstacles and drama! Seriously, I can't wait!

So how about you? What amazing book are you waiting on this week?  

NOTE: To those of you who haven't noticed, I'm featuring a giveaway of 1 copy of JLA's White Hot Kiss. Yeah, you got it - it's the 1st Dark Elements book. The trick here is, if there are A LOT of entries on it, I'll be choosing TWO WINNERS!!! So, go sign up and tell your friends! TO GIVEAWAY!

4 comments:

  1. Ooh nice ones! Those are new to me but I hope you enjoy them both!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice picks! I hadn't heard of either one but they both sound great, especially love the synopsis for Blur and both of them are now on my wishlist as I love anything even vaguely creepy in a mystery.

    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOH! I've heard of The Truth About Alice but not Blur! It sounds really interesting. I just love creepy books. :) Great picks!

    Rachel @ Paper Cuts

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm also waiting for The Truth About Alice! It sounds really intriguing.

    Thanks for dropping by my WoW! :D

    - Kazhy @ My Library in the Making

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely LOVE comments!!! So, if you stop by my blog, please leave me something nice :)

NOTE: I'm sorry for putting the CAPTCHA back up. I know it can be annoying, but I've gotten so many spam comments in the past week, it's not even funny.