Thursday, January 2, 2014

JEWEL of DECEMBER 2013 is "Crash Into You" by Katie McGarry

Happy New Year to all my readers!

I'm sorry I haven't posted much during the holidays (or not really LOL) but I was having a relaxing time with family and friends and I wasn't feeling much like turning on the computer if you know what I mean.

With that said, I need to pick up where I left off and choose a winner to my monthly JEWEL rating. 


I've decided to start this monthly 'ritual' shall I say, of choosing the ONE book that impressed me the most out of all books I've read in that month. I think it's a pretty good idea, given all the bads, okays, goods, and brilliants out there. ONE book worth my time. ONE book worth my emotions. You can join in if you want to, or not. Leave a comment to warm my heart :)
 

This month's winner is Katie McGarry's CRASH INTO YOU. Now to be honest, there were several books that were fighting for December's JEWEL title. Unleashing Mr. Darcy by Teri Wilson or Impostor by Susanne Winnacker are just a couple of those novels that could've taken the #1 place.

They didn't though. Because Katie McGarry is among my most favorite authors of all times. Her books are fresh, emotional, tearing and heart-breaking. It is no wonder that Crash Into You took the prize for book of the month of December! It's sweet and tense and I just loved it!

Links:
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17679547-crash-into-you
Amazon: www.amazon.com


A link to MY REVIEW: Crash Into You review

Here's the summary:

The girl with straight As, designer clothes and the perfect life-that's who people expect Rachel Young to be. So the private-school junior keeps secrets from her wealthy parents and overbearing brothers...and she's just added two more to the list. One involves racing strangers down dark country roads in her Mustang GT. The other? Seventeen-year-old Isaiah Walker-a guy she has no business even talking to. But when the foster kid with the tattoos and intense gray eyes comes to her rescue, she can't get him out of her mind.

Isaiah has secrets, too. About where he lives, and how he really feels about Rachel. The last thing he needs is to get tangled up with a rich girl who wants to slum it on the south side for kicks-no matter how angelic she might look.

But when their shared love of street racing puts both their lives in jeopardy, they have six weeks to come up with a way out. Six weeks to discover just how far they'll go to save each other.

1 comment:

  1. Lol, now I'm all intrigued about Unleashing Mr. Darcy! I will be reading this book soon. I liked Pushing the Limits, and the second book was even better. I've heard nothing but good things for Isaiah's and I can't wait to check it out myself!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely LOVE comments!!! So, if you stop by my blog, please leave me something nice :)

NOTE: I'm sorry for putting the CAPTCHA back up. I know it can be annoying, but I've gotten so many spam comments in the past week, it's not even funny.