Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #53

Photobucket
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.

My pick this week is:


Title: Confessions of an almost girlfriend
Series: Confessions, Book #2
Author: Louise Rozett
Release date: June 18th, 2013 by Harlequin Teen

Summary:

Rose Zarelli has big plans for sophomore year—everything is going to be different. This year, she’s going to be the talented singer with the killer voice, the fabulous girl with the fashionista best friend, the brainiac who refuses to let Jamie Forta jerk her around...

...but if she’s not careful, she’s also going to be the sister who misses the signals, the daughter who can only think about her own pain, the “good girl” who finds herself in mid-scandal again (because no good deed goes unpunished) and possibly worst of all...the almost-girlfriend.

When all else fails, stop looking for love and go find yourself.


 Why I want to read it:

I read Confessions of an Angry Girl last year and found it nice, light and quick. This one is promising the same. Besides, I'd love to see how Rose's character continues to grow and mature. And let's not forget this absolutely gorgeous cover :)

So how about you? What amazing book are you waiting on this week?  

9 comments:

  1. Great pick! I hope I can be part of the tour, or approved by netgalley for that in general, but I don't think I'll get that lucky... I was denied the first book, but the seriesis just so appealing, I can't stay away. ;)
    My WoW, and there's also a 100 Followers Giveaway running on my blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first book was nice and fast paced and I liked it, so I hope this one turns out to be even better.

      Delete
  2. Saw this at another blog earlier! Doesn't sound like my kind of read but still hope you enjoy it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my for this one. I just got the ARC from NetGalley, and I was jumping up and down with excitement! I feel really lucky :D
    Hey, check this out! :D
    Review: Losing It
    Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I wasn't actually jumping when I got the ARC, but I was pretty happy about it :)

      Delete
  4. I agree with the reasons you listed - I enjoyed the first book but I thought that ending was just mean! I got approved for the sequel on Netgalley yesterday and I already look forward to reading it closer to release :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard so much about this! I'm going to have to check it out!
    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely LOVE comments!!! So, if you stop by my blog, please leave me something nice :)

NOTE: I'm sorry for putting the CAPTCHA back up. I know it can be annoying, but I've gotten so many spam comments in the past week, it's not even funny.