Tuesday, December 11, 2012

In her shoes ~35 ~

Every Tuesday I will pick a character I've read about recently, perhaps even the week before, and try putting myself in her shoes. What things would I do differently? What have I learned from her behavior? That kind of thing. You are welcome to participate if you want, just please link back, so we could build a nice community of followers. Thanks!!! :)



Today I have picked to talk of Willow, a.k.a. Low from Abbi Glines' "Because of Low", the second in the Sea Breeze series. I can only say that I read the book in one breath, falling in love with Low and her strong character.

Yeah, she was portrayed as this person who had panic attacks, and needed her best friend to take care of her, but on the inside, Low was super strong and brave. She loved with all of her persone risked everything without much thought to her own self. She was kind and honorable.

For years she'd seen only abandonment. Her father left her. Her mother died. Her sister was this idiot who actually didn't care. The only pillar of strength Low had was Cage, and he wasn't more than a best friend.

So when Marcus came in the picture, throwing those good boy vibes, Low was defeated. She fell in the trap of Marcus's charms, knowing that he might abandon her too. Because the only sure thing in her life was, and had always been Cage.

Until Low decided to take matters in her own hands. She pulled herself out of her cage and found the strength to give her heart away. I'm sure it takes a great amount of courage to risk the known for the unknown, which is why Low has grown on me. I adore brave heroines :)


Whose shoes would you like to step into this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely LOVE comments!!! So, if you stop by my blog, please leave me something nice :)

NOTE: I'm sorry for putting the CAPTCHA back up. I know it can be annoying, but I've gotten so many spam comments in the past week, it's not even funny.