Tuesday, July 3, 2012

In her shoes ~ 17 ~



Hey guys! It's Tuesday and I've got two awesome female characters to share with you today. Why two you may ask... Because they are featured in the same awesome series, and I can safely say that I'm in love with them both.
I'm talking about Emerson and Lily from Myra McEntire's Hourglass series. Em is the main female in book one, Hourglass, and Lily is mostly starred in book two, Timepiece.
Emerson is a feisty girl, with quick wits and a spunky personality. She's loyal and loving and ready to risk her own life for the people dear to her heart. Her life has not been easy since her parents died, but she'd learned to cope with her circumstances. Of course, all the visions from the past she'd been seeing hadn't made it easier on her either.
She was strong, going through all the meds and all on her own. I was extremely happy for her when Michael entered her life and showed her that he loved her enough to share her pain and horrible memories.
Lily, who also happens to be Em's best friend, has an entirely different personality. She's outgoing and cheerful and completely in tune with the world around her. Of course, that was all a cover for the reality underneath. Because Lily has her own bizarre secrets, her own set of abilities and fears.
I was extremely glad to see both girls grow in the span of the two books and am curious to see what will happen to them in book three. I'm sure I'll be pleasantly surprised.
Who's whoes would you like to step into this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely LOVE comments!!! So, if you stop by my blog, please leave me something nice :)

NOTE: I'm sorry for putting the CAPTCHA back up. I know it can be annoying, but I've gotten so many spam comments in the past week, it's not even funny.