Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #23


Photobucket



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.

My pick this week is:




Title: Lies Beneath
Series:  Lies Beneath, Book1
Author: Anne Greenwood Brown
Release date: June 12th, 2012

Summary:
Calder White lives in the cold, clear waters of Lake Superior, the only brother in a family of murderous mermaids. To survive, Calder and his sisters prey on humans, killing them to absorb their energy. But this summer the underwater clan targets Jason Hancock out of pure revenge. They blame Hancock for their mother's death and have been waiting a long time for him to return to his family's homestead on the lake. Hancock has a fear of water, so to lure him in, Calder sets out to seduce Hancock's daughter, Lily. Easy enough—especially as Calder has lots of practice using his irresistibly good looks and charm on unsuspecting girls. Only this time Calder screws everything up: he falls for Lily—just as Lily starts to suspect that there's more to the monsters-in-the-lake legends than she ever imagined. And just as his sisters are losing patience with him.

Why I want to read it:
I know that many of you have already read it, but I haven't gotten around to that yet, thus this post. I got it from Netgalley, so basically I just need to sit down and read it. Besides, the story sounds good even though I'm not in the sea monster lover club.

So how about you? What are you waiting on this week?

7 comments:

  1. I've been waiting for this one too. Thanks for stopping by!

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh! I'd totally forgotten about this one!! I want that! And it's mot that far from being released, thank God! I'm sure we're gonna enjoy this, Vanya!
    My WoW this week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, now I know the date for sure! Thought this one released already but we have 2 weeks still. Reading lots of good reviews. Might get it, or I might wait for the paperback. Thought this was a hardcover for some reason...

    Nice pick though!! Lovin the mermaids!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read it and enjoyed it. I hope you like it when you get the chance to read it.
    Waiting For Wentworth

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have this from netgalley and have for a while but never got to it yet!!!! it should be coming soon!!! great pick!
    Tara's WoW

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely LOVE comments!!! So, if you stop by my blog, please leave me something nice :)

NOTE: I'm sorry for putting the CAPTCHA back up. I know it can be annoying, but I've gotten so many spam comments in the past week, it's not even funny.