Saturday, May 19, 2012

Books to movies: Snow White and the Huntsman

I had a hard time choosing the movie for this week. There are a ton of non-book related titles, but I wanted to stick to what I've started so.. The title this week is another one of Snow White adaptations. A couple of weeks ago, we discussed "Mirror, Mirror", which starred Julia Roberts as the evil queen in yet another such adaptation. I must confess that I still haven't watched it. But I'll make sure to see it soon.

Anyway, "Snow White and the Huntsman" comes out in the USA on June 1, 2012, so that's right around the corner. It proceeds just the same as the original fairy tale:

Snow White is the only person in the land fairer than the evil queen. Unable to tolerate the insult to her vanity, the evil queen decides that Snow White must die. The queen sends a huntsman to kill Snow White. However the huntsman finds himself unable to murder the innocent young woman, and instead ends up training her to become a warrior capable of threatening the queen's reign.  - taken from IMDB.

Now, go ahead and guess who's starring as Snow White. You can't? Okay, I shall tell you. It's Kristen Stewart. Yes, the Kristen Stewart. And I'm not very excited about that fact. I mean, she plays a weak girl with a bunch of emotional problems with no difficulty, but a warrior princess? Who are they kidding? So, I'm either gonna end up hating that movie (because of Kristen) or loving it (if she actually shows that she can really truly act).

Well, there is one person who could make me love the movie, even if Kristen fails to do so. It's... Chris Hemsworth. If you're wondering who that is, perhaps Thor would ring a bell..? Anyway, I love that guy, both in face and acting skills. He was great in Thor, cocky, brave and eager to prove his worth. I hope he's got it all figured in this one.

There are monsters here, like real monsters. There's magic. And there's the desire to survive. I only wonder if there would be a prince, or Mr. Huntsman would do the honors of saving the pretty warrior princess...?

Wanna see the trailer?


Oh, and here's what the poster looks like. I actually find it really pretty. With that shield and armor, and Kristen looks so mysteriously beautiful as a warrior princess. I really really really hope she doesn't mess up this movie.


So, any thoughts?


6 comments:

  1. I agree 110%!! I really like hemsworth! So, that's already a plus, and I like this take on snow white, but I fear I may be disappointed due to stewarts role as the main character! Her acting may ruin the whole movie! :(
    But I will watch it, and we will just have to wait and see if its good or not.
    -Theresa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! I thought people would hang me for my opinion of Stewart!!! Thank you for the support Mrs. Jones! :)

      Delete
    2. I love Theron & Hemsworth but KStew (plus a British accent) might ruin the whole thing. When I first saw Twilight I was amazed on how much she nailed the part then I saw The Runaways and I realized that she doesn't really have a lot of range. So I'm hoping that KStew will prove me wrong.

      Talk Supe

      Delete
    3. You're right about her range of acting... she can mope about, but that's all she ever does. A sullen girl can always play a sullen girl. *shrug*

      Delete
  2. i totally wanna see this movie...MIRROR, MIRROR proved a failure and i have hopes that it won't be the case here...

    Le' Grande Codex

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot wait to see this movie. For one I am completely obsessed with how visually stunning the trailers for Snow White and the Huntsman are. Two: Charlize Theron looks badass as the evil queen/queen Ravenna.

    Now, why Ravenna (who seems so badass) would be jealous of Snow (K. Stew) in this one is beyond me. Not to be mean. Kristen is a pretty girl but Charlize Theron as Queen Ravenna looks sooo fabulous and kick-ass. Nobody can touch her, imo. And I am afraid a bit in how Kristen will portray snow (she is usually so painfully awkward to watch with all the jittery lip biting and the passing the hand through her hair when she is nervous moments) lol. She does it in real life and on screen. But anywhoo this movie looks so good that I am hoping that in this one she is great.

    I do think that snow as a character will be interesting in this one because it seems she will have an identity crisis to overcome and well Charlize as the evil queen looks sooo epic. Not to mention Sam Claflin is in this (cute missionarydude from Pirates of the Caribbean 4). I am so excited to see this. I think Queen Ravenna will steal the show LOL. I'm suspending my belief when it comes to K. Stew just because I dont want to go into the movie thinking she is ruining it because then I won't be happy :D

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely LOVE comments!!! So, if you stop by my blog, please leave me something nice :)

NOTE: I'm sorry for putting the CAPTCHA back up. I know it can be annoying, but I've gotten so many spam comments in the past week, it's not even funny.