Tuesday, March 27, 2012

In her shoes ~4~

Every Tuesday I will pick a character I've read about recently, perhaps even the week before, and try putting myself in her shoes. What things would I do differently? What have I learned from her behavior? That kind of thing. You are welcome to participate if you want, just please link back, so we could build a nice community of followers. Thanks!!! :)


This week the girl whose shoes I'd like to step into is Ismae Rienne, the main female character in Robin LaFever's "Grave Mercy" novel. I bet you don't wonder why I chose her. You all know how beautiful she is on the inside, how real she is, and how much we all fell in love with her. I loved her independent character, the way she made her own decisions, and most of all I loved it that she used her brain to think and to figure out the world around her. Because of that she was capable of seeing through the court intrigues, the selfish ambitions and the sickening ordeals that were taking place behind the duchess's back.
Also, I loved how cold-blooded she could be when required, and how she grew out of it when she realized that mercy was more valuable than vengeance.
In short, Ismae was the perfect girl for the job she was given, and I was happy for her when finally she found her happyness.

My review, should you feel inclined to read it, can be found here .

2 comments:

  1. I've got to read this book. It sounds beautiful and I've seen reviews everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, can't agree more. You have GOT to read it :))))))) It was super awesome!!!

      Delete

I absolutely LOVE comments!!! So, if you stop by my blog, please leave me something nice :)

NOTE: I'm sorry for putting the CAPTCHA back up. I know it can be annoying, but I've gotten so many spam comments in the past week, it's not even funny.